...teeth.
I took the day off of work to take poor Joe to the dentist to get his wisdom teeth yanked. Who waits until they are almost 30?
Anyway, it was the world's most boring waiting room ever! The surgery took more than 3 hours. I wasn't convinced that his dentist actually knew what he was doing. Most of the awards on his wall had to do with pig jaws. Sick! But Joe survived.
Joe is already a man of few words, stuff a little gauze in his mouth and I get to hear myself talk for the next 2 days!
Here is one of my favorite stories to tell and it just happens to be about my wisdom teeth...
I got my teeth yanked when I was 21. They were super impacted and they cut into my sinus, so I had a nose bleed for 24 hours! Yuck! Anyway, I am usually pretty quiet and reserved, at least while in the company of doctors who are taking care of me. But after being put under, I will a little pill. I refused to sit in the wheelchair on the way out. When they finally got me in, I flung myself out of it as soon as I saw my dad's car. My mom then took me to McDonald's because I needed to eat. She asked if I wanted a shake or a sundae. I exclaimed I wanted them both. She went on to explain that she did not have enough cash because she had to pay for my pain killers. By the time she got to the window, I was screaming "I want a shake and a sundae and a Britney Spears CD", with blood coming out of my mouth of course. Good times.
I hope poor Joe feels better soon!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Joe has no wisdom...
Posted by Becky at 4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
HAHAHA that's a good story.
why can I picture that in my head so well? Oh wait- maybe it's because I remember you leaning over me and screaming for tacos at the Jack In the Box guy in Laguna while you were a little intoxicated.
Post a Comment